Below is a roundup of products our team discovered and tried last month. From beauty products to recently discovered artists and in-home entertainment, these are the things that brought the PLH team joy throughout the month of May.
- TopGlow: Self-Tanning Serum face + body– $36.00 The results are in… our contributing fashion writer, Nina tested TopGlow’s self-tanning serum and these are the pros and cons:
- Clean ingredient list, no breakouts after usage
- Smooth, and non-streaky application and finish.
- If you’re looking for a quick tan for 1-2 days, this product is great for that sun kissed look.
- Aftermath smell waking up was not bad.
- Doesn’t last very long, and not as deep/noticeable of a tan.
- Stained my bedsheets after overnight use and waiting for drying.
- Drops usage advertised isn’t specific, and results aren’t as promising. I’d suggest having products that can deepen the tan should be made available, as for darker skin tones this may be a concern.
- Supergoop:Play Sunscreen– $32.00 our editor-in-chief, Britney, swears by Supergoop’s play sunscreen. Since summer is here it’s time to start protecting your skin from the harsh UV rays daily. A little goes a long way with this sunscreen- add three drops of Play to the hands and gently rub all over your face before applying foundation or any other makeup products.
- Dyson: Airwrap– $549.00 The dyson airwrap is definitely an investment item, but if you care about the long term health of your hair then we highly recommend this styling tool. The airwrap can style the hair in several different hairstyles like a smooth and sleek look or bouncy and voluminous.
- Maybelline Mascara: lash sensational sky high– $11.49 when you find a drugstore mascara that doesn’t break the bank and actually adds volume to the lashes then you’ve struck gold. This is what our team discovered after trying Maybelline’s lash sensational sky high mascara. Results will differ based on the length of each individual’s lashes but we did note that a lash curler was not necessary to achieve fuller looking lashes. This mascara is also easy to remove yet does not run hours after application.
- Bee Pollen: Fueled Bee Pollen – $24.99 note* We added bee pollen to our homemade acai bowels and on top of yogurt last month for an added boost of protein and vitamin B. *If you’re allergic to honey or pollen products do not try this product*
- Charlotte Tilbury– beauty highlighter wand – $38.00 If you’re on the hunt for a new highlighter that gives you a natural glow then Charlotte Tilbury’s highlighter wand is necessary for this glow up. Our team tried the shade Peachgasm which had a coral undertone which is the perfect summer shade.
- New Artist: Sickick– priceless Canadian artist, Sickick are low key the EDM vibes we’ve missed. He’s brought us hope for future gatherings and events.
- We Are Not Really Strangers: Card Game- $25.00 Get deep and connect with new friends using the We Are Not Really Strangers card game. This game gets the PLH stamp of approval.
xo, Pretty Little Hangers Team