When you’re searching for the right curl products for your hair it’s important to remember that there are different curl textures and patterns. Look for products that amplify your natural texture, and that are specifically formulated for your curl type. These are the go-to products and tools that every curly-hair girl should keep on hand to style those spirally locks.
1.Diffuser- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer: Innovation meets hair technology; the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer comes with different attachments including a diffuser. Improve your curl definition and dry curls evenly with this hair dryer. We couldn’t imagine our lives without this styling tool- it’s a bit pricey but worth the investment.
2. Detangling Brush-Denman D3 Original Styler 7 Row: The Denman brush needs no introduction. It’s hands down one of the best brushes on the market for defining curls, reducing frizz, and detangling. The seven rows of nylon bristles help reduce harshness to scalp and reduces catching and dragging of the hair.
3. Heat Protectant- Alterna Caviar Anti- Aging Leave-In Heat Protection Spray: If you apply heat to your curls on a regular basis it’s important to protect your strands with a heat protectant. We love Alterna Caviar’s vitamin enriched heat protectant spray. This heat protectant’s key ingredient is caviar from the roe of non-endangered sturgeon fish, and it’s formulated with vitamins and minerals. Now that’s one fancy leave-in heat protectant elixir that delivers on hair protection.
4. Microfiber towel- Enetix: Most cotton towels aid in frizz production which is why we’ve switched to drying our hair with microfiber towel’s like this one from Amazon. This towel absorbs excess water, but still leaves the hair feeling damp allowing you to style your hair with the curl product of your choice. Anther added bonus is a reduction in diffusing time, and better curl definition.
5. Curl Cream/ Butter- Curls Crème Brule Whipped Curls Crème & Carol’s Daughter Curl Defining Butter: styling curly hair usually calls for mixing a ton of products together like curl creams and butters until you find the perfect concoction for your curl type. Curl cream helps define your natural texture while curl butters are thicker and help seal in moisture. We are going through multiple bottles of Curls Crème Brule Whipped Curl Cream and Carol’s Daughter Curl Defining Butter.
6. Hair Oil- Playa Ritual Hair Oil: Curly hair textures are prone to frizz and usually in desperate need of moisture. Playa’s oil is a blend of natural oils like coconut, apricot, and sunflower which aids in taming frizz and adding shine. This game-changing super lightweight oil adds moisture without weighing down curls and making them feel greasy.
Happy Curl Styling!