Everyone approaches the new year in different ways. The PLH team’s approach is to start by setting goals and intentions for the year ahead. We want to set ourselves up for success in the new year by creating intentions that are aligned with our highest potential. Secondly, we want to do more of what makes us happy this year and in order to do that we want to understand why we create certain intentions for ourselves first and foremost. The deeper rational for why you’re creating an intention is completely subjective, but understanding the “why” will help you down the road especially when a goal or intention that you’ve set seems difficult to accomplish.
If you’re having a hard time creating intentions for the next 12 months try answering some of the goal prompts below, and get as clear as you possibly can before you create your list.
Personal Development Goals
- Do you want to read more books?
- Do you want to improve on academics?
- Do you want to feel more joy?
- Do you want to feel calmer? Less anxious?
- Do you want a promotion?
- How much money do you want to be making?
- Do you want to run your own business?
- Do you want a side hustle?
- What do you want to make?
- What do you want to save?
- Do you want to invest?
- What do you want your relationships with your family to look like?
- Do you want a significant other?
- Do you want to improve your relationship?
- What do you want your health to look like?
- What do you want your body to look like?
- Do you want to start a new hobby?
- Do you want to travel more?
Next write down each intention on a piece of paper or type them in your notes and refer back to them as often as needed.
Scroll on to discover the intentions we’re committing to this year:
- We want to deepen our spirituality and find more inner peace
- We want to be more disciplined with our daily habits i.e. morning routines, working out
- We want to communicate openly without any discretions
- We want to spend more quality time with the people that reciprocate and love us
Best of luck planning your goals and intentions for 2022! xx