One of our favorite ways to get into the holiday spirit is by decorating our homes to fit the occasion. There’s something about putting the tinsel on the tree, hanging up our stockings and decking the halls that undeniably gets us into our festive feels every single year.
If it’s not beginning to look a lot like Christmas in your home quite yet, don’t worry about a thing! Follow these six simple steps and before you know it, your space will be transformed into a true Winter Wonderland that’s perfectly fit for the season. Click each item in the collage for more details!
1. Pick & stick to a theme – Whether you opt for a specific color palette or an overall design aesthetic, sticking to a theme is one of the easiest ways to achieve a consistent and cohesive look when it comes to your holiday decor.
For a Pinterest-worthy setup, take a tip from the pros and stick to a monochromatic color scheme. These tend to be super popular because they effortlessly complement the furniture you already have in your home, making the entire space look magazine worthy.
There are tons of holiday decorations out there that are designed with various themes in mind – from farmhouse to traditional and from minimal to glamorous. So no matter what ambiance you’re after, you’re sure to find the decor that suits it perfectly.
Shop Color Coordinated Decor:
2. Warm things up – Bring on all things comfy and cozy! From chunky knitted textiles to luxe faux fur, incorporating warm design elements can help to create a wintry vibe without sacrificing style.
Another way to increase warmth throughout the house? Don’t be afraid to mix unexpected textures! For example, pieces that are gilded, glittery and golden will reflect off the items that emit light for added eye-catching shine and a cozier ambiance overall.
Shop Warm Design Elements:
3. Swap out the basics – If you’re looking for a super quick way to spruce up your space for the holidays, this is it! Switch out everything from the throw pillows and the bed linens to the wall art and even the dishes for more festive versions. Swapping out the essentials around the house will infuse the Christmas spirit into every single inch of your space without requiring too much effort.
Shop Festive Basics:
4. Light it up – Christmas lights don’t only have to be used for decorating the tree! Stringing strands of twinkly fairy lights around various areas of the house is an easy and inexpensive way to bring cheer to every corner. You can wrap them around your stair rails, use them to line your mantle, or even pair them with a garland for a pretty holiday glow. Want to light it up even more? Fill your living space with tea lights, scented candles and lanterns for added radiance.
5. Incorporate greenery – They don’t sing “deck the halls with boughs of holly” for nothing! Incorporating festive foliage brings a fresh and lively element to your space, especially if you use a faux tree. Plus, the scent they give off is absolutely divine. So bring on the pine garlands, the evergreen wreaths, and even a little mistletoe, if that’s your thing *wink*.
Shop Festive Foliage:
6. Add a personal touch – Whether it’s the sentimental ornament that your family has passed down for generations or a framed photo of you and your BFF from seven christmases back, a nostalgic element is the best finishing touch for your winter wonderland. Plus, it’ll bring it all right back to what matters most at Christmastime and that’s love! – for your friends, for your family and for every single one of the other little blessings that this season has to offer.
How are you decorating this year?
Xo, The Pretty Little Hangers Team