Imagine booking a last-minute trip and counting down the days until you are in a bikini on a beach someplace tropical only this time you adore the way your body looks and can’t wait to throw on your bikini and parade around the beach like you own the place. If you’re shaking your head and thinking I’ve lost my mind, please, bear with me as I share five tips on ways you can get bikini ready for a last-minute beach holiday.
- Go to a drop-in fitness class: I am an avid fitness class attendee, and some of my go-to classes in the city include F45, Power Yoga, Soul Cycle, and Barry’s Bootcamp. I prefer going to different fitness classes since the trainers hold you accountable and push you to try to reach your athletic potential. Keep in mind drop-in classes can be a bit pricey; however, first-time attendees typically receive a free class or discount.
2. Skip the junk food and taste the rainbow: I don’t know about you, but when I am on a health kick, I enjoy eating nutritious food as well. Avoid eating foods with high sodium levels since sodium can cause water retention and bloating (other anti-bloating foods to consider adding to your diet include peppermint, ginger, and asparagus). Instead, try eating fresh fruit and vegetables to ensure your body receives an ample amount of nutrients to stay energized.
3. Detoxify & Stay Hydrated: Avoid drinking caffeine and opt for a glass of water instead. Starting each day with hot water and lemon is crucial to kick-start your digestive system. Not only will your body thank you, but your skin will as well.
4. Beauty Sleep: Try to get 7-8 hours of beauty sleep leading up to the trip. Some of the benefits of sleeping 7-8 hours a night include maintaining a healthy immune system and appetite as well as restoring your skin’s cellular turnover leaving you refreshed and energized.
5. Bikini: Bikini shopping should be relatively easy, especially if you follow the first four tips. If you take into consideration the bikini that suits your body type is half the battle. I have a short torso and long legs, so I prefer to wear either a low rise two-piece or a sexy one-piece bikini. I feel the most confident in a sexy one-piece bikini like this criss-cross bikini from Ciao Sea.
I hope that these five tips will encourage you to get motivated and be bikini ready in no time.
Photography by: Ryan Emberley