Hello from California! I love coming to Los Angeles in the summertime and staying on the beach. I’ve been busy decorating my beach house here, and I’ve been shopping on a few affordable home decor sites like Lulu and Georgia and Joss and Main quite a bit. Above are my top ten must haves for coastal living.
Transforming any space into a beach house is achievable even if your space is not near the ocean.
Here are five things to keep in mind when you are decorating a beach house:
1. Stick to a neutral color palette and add hints of color like turquoise to your space using accessories
2. Add subtle hints of beach-inspired accessories like seashells, and coral into your decor
3. Combine rustic pieces with contemporary counterparts
4. Stick to white linens and layer natural cotton and textured throws to create a warm, inviting space
5. Use sheer window treatments to allow natural light to flood your space
Shop this decor look and other pieces on my wish list below: