It’s that time of the year again, Fashion Week is in full swing and even though I am not attending NYFW this season I am prepping for Milan and Paris Fashion Week at the end of this month. Fashion Week is an exciting time of year whether you’re attending or simply admiring from afar. I’ve attended Fashion Weeks in the past and the excitement and energy in each city during that time of year never ceases to amaze me. Below are some of the reasons why I love Fashion Week.
- Street Style– Fashion Week is not only about attending the shows, but it is also known for its unparalleled street style. Fashionistas from around the world like to show case their personal style on the streets of every major city during fashion week. I look forward to seeing some of the bold street style shots captured by Tommy Ton every year.
2. Runway Shows/ Presentations– Fashion week is of course predominately about seeing the latest collections that the designers debut at runway shows and presentations. Being invited to a runway show is such an honour for these attendees who have a firsthand look at the upcoming season’s new trends. Nothing is more satisfying to me than to see the models wearing these masterpieces that each skilled designer has created coming down a runway.
3. Connecting– I love that people come from all over the world to see the shows and support the talent behind each collection. Fashion Week is a great time to connect with people in the industry and possibly see some of your friends that live in other countries. You never know who you’ll meet or run into around the city at shows and events.
4. Location– Every show is presented at different locations around the world including, Paris, London, Milan New York and Toronto (New York being the original). Each city has something special and unique to offer for Fashion Week be it the culture surrounding that city or the venues. The last time I visited Paris or Milan I was in my early 20s and fell in love with the architecture and romanticism of each city so I cannot wait to be back in both of these beautiful cities for Fashion Week.
5. The Parties- Fashion Week doesn’t always have to be all work and no play. In fact, many brands usually throw pop-up events that happen concurrently with Fashion Week so even if you aren’t able to attend some of the shows you may be able to go to a fun party instead. Below are some of the parties I attended in New York City during Fashion Week. The first row of photos was taken at the Proenza Schuler Arizona perfume launch party which was packed with major trendsetters. Cocktails were flowing, and a private performance by SZA entertained the crowd of onlookers with alternative R&B music. Up next was the Black Panther after party and a Biore event with Madelaine Petsch which were both so much fun!
I’d be lying if I didn’t stay going to any Fashion Week is the experience of a lifetime, but it is also a ton of work so being prepared with your looks, transportation, scheduling and possibly a glam squad is essential. Happy Fashion Month everyone!